[ExchangeList] Automatic forwarding

  • From: "Dosoftei, Sorin" <sdosoftei@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 19:04:32 -0400

Hi all,

We have an Exchange 2K3 SP2 environment with the "Allow Automatic
forward" option turned off (ESM -> Internet Message Formats -> in the
Default policy).

This pretty much means that no Outlook user can automatically forward
(using rules) their e-mail to an outside Internet e-mail address.

However, for a couple of particular users, we would like to have them be
able to forward their mail to a particular external SMTP domain.

I know Exchange allows us to do that by creating a new policy for that
particular domain (in the Internet Message Formats) but this will allow
everybody to automatically forward their e-mails to that particular
external SMTP domain.

Is there a way to allow only certain people (accounts) the right to auto
forward to this new domain?

Thank you,

Soir