RE: Auto Accept Meeting in Exchange 2000 w/ Outlook 2002 clients

  • From: "Ohl, Julie" <J.OHL@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 10:32:04 -0500

To Grant permissions to run agents on Exchange Server...
1) Make sure Microsoft Exchange Event Service is running.
2) In Exchange System Mgr, Expand the Folders container, right click on Public
Folders, and select View System Folders.
3) Expand Events Root container, right click the EventConfig_servername
container and select Properties.
4) Select Permissions, select Client Permissions, Add the user account or
exchange mail group using the add button.Set Client Permissions to Editor. In
our case,
    since I did not want to add every user individually or by group, I just set
User:Default to  Role:Editor, then everyone gets it.

If you are going to be adding the script from everyone's client, you need to do
this on each client to put the Agents tab there. I added all of mine from a
client logged in
as administrator, so I only did this once, on that client:
1) From OL Client, select Tools, Options, Other, Advanced Options, Add in
manager, and put a checkbox next to Server Scripting.