RE: Authenticated Outgoing Mail

  • From: "John Tolmachoff \(Lists\)" <johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 01:29:22 -0700

What, Michael was wrong on something? The shock of it.

;)

Besides, the RFC process is far from ideal and is subject to inconsistencies
like everything else.

Yes, the final rule should say MUST, oh, but that would mean all those
e-mail server vendors out there would have to update their software. (BTW,
Imail from Ipswitch was one of the first ones to add this feature, the
ability to force authentication on that port, meaning that if AUTH is not
one of the first couple of verbs sent and absolutely before FROM or DATA,
the connection is CLOSED!)

John T

eServices For You