RE: Authenticated Outgoing Mail

  • From: "John Tolmachoff \(Lists\)" <johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 15:09:15 -0700

I am not sure if Exchange can be configured to listen on 587 in addition to
25, but it is accepting inbound authenticated connections is what you meant.

A work around (as long as your Exchange server is properly configured) is to
add an inbound rule to your firewall (you are running a firewall aren't you)
to redirect incoming port 587 traffic on the external interface to port 25
on the internal destination.

John T

eServices For You