Attachments being saved as read-only

  • From: "Curtis L. Russell" <russellc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 10:34:22 -0400

I'm using MS Exchange 2000 (SP2, but it also happened prior to the update) on
an 2000 server (also SP2). We receive a file that contains telephone punches
from our time clock system everyday more or less at 9:15 am. This file is
imported into our payroll system. When I download the file directly from the
Internet, it is saved properly. When I receive it as an email attachment and
save it from there, the attachment is saved as read-only. The eTimephone tech
support says that it is a known problem with Exchange 2000 with a tech
bulleting somewhere on the MS site, but, if so, I'm not finding the right
search criteria to find it. Anyone heard of this issue or know the solution?
Its not an issue now, but it is a problem when someone else does the import.

Curtis L. Russell, CPA
Controller
L.I.F.E., Inc.
Catonsville, MD 21228