Attachment blocking on exch2k

  • From: "Jamie A. Byrnes" <jabyrnes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 09:59:30 +0930

Hello everyone,

I wonder if anyone here has configured Outlook XP attachment blocking on
their exchange2k server?

I wish to configure the attachment types (in particular .mdb) to allow
thru to clients. Reading up I see that a reg hack can be done on the
client, but also says that these options can be set globally on
exchange. Downloaded the Office XP resource tools (ORKTOOLS.EXE) and
installed onto the exchange server, but couldn't find any docs on the
procedure, and fiddling didn't get me anywhere...

Anyone got it going?

Thanks,
Jamie Byrnes
IT Manager