ArcServe bricks level backups slow

  • From: "LaPatra, Pat" <plapatra@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 11:25:31 -0500

We are running Exchange 2003 SP1 on Windows 2003. We have one field office
server that the bricks level backups are running very slow. At about 6mb/min.
We are using ArcServe 11.1 with the Exchange agent. We have this configuration
in 40 other offices and get around 100mb/min with bricks. All systems have
single SDLT drives connected to them.

This particular site had the tape unit replaced and still the same slow speeds
on bricks only backups. DB backups run at over 1gb/min.

Could this be an issue with the Exchange database needing maintenance or a
virus software issue?

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks