Application-Level Mirroring For Exchange Server?

  • From: Kurt Reimer <gkr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 15:31:53 -0400 (EDT)

        I've heard reports that at least some versions of MS Exchange,
in conjunction with some versions of the W2K, offer the ability to do
realtime or near-realtime mirroring of Exchange data and configuration
to a backup Exchange server from a live one, and to provide
transparent failover to the backup server in the event of a critical
problem with the live server.

        Is anyone on the list familiar with this capability, and on
which combinations of Exchange and Windows OS it is supported? I can
find little mention of mirroring of any kind in conjunction with the
Exchange area on the Microsoft website.

Yours,

Kurt Reimer
gkr@xxxxxxxxxxxx