RE: Anti-virus

  • From: "Dan Crain" <DanC@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 12:16:46 -0400

thanks for the info...

________________________________

        From: Michael B. Smith [mailto:michael@xxxxxxxxxx]
        Sent: Friday, July 29, 2005 11:07 AM
        To: [ExchangeList]
        Subject: [exchangelist] RE: Anti-virus

        http://www.MSExchange.org/

        http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;328841

        Exclude the entire mailroot folder.

________________________________

        From: Dan Crain [mailto:DanC@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
        Sent: Friday, July 29, 2005 10:57 AM
        To: [ExchangeList]
        Subject: Anti-virus

        D:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\Mailroot\vsi 1\Queue

        Is this a directory that shouldn't be scanned by the servers
client virus program? I have Symantec mail security for exchange. I also
have the client installed for Symantec and it will find a virus in that
folder every now and then and leave it alone.

        Let me know your thoughts,
        Thanks,
        Dan Crain

        Exchange Newsletters:

NOTE: The information contained in this message may be priviledged and
not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering
prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify Dan Crain
at DanC@xxxxxxxxxxxx immediately by replying to the message and deleting it
from your computer. Thank you.