Alias instead of creating another mailbox

  • From: "Hermano JS. Queiroz" <hjsqueiroz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 10:50:19 -0400

Hi All,

        I'm wondering if is there anyway to create alias instead of mailbox to
forward messages directly to someone. Any thoughts?
        Example: A student wants to send a message to admissions. Admissions is
an e-mail address, but isn't going to be storage, I want to send directly to
the counselor of admissions. I have this today as e-mail box redirecting from
admissions account to the counselor, but I want to save an e-mail box.
        And the problem is also that I'm getting messages everyday like this
one:

     Logon Failure on database "First Storage Group\Mailbox Store (CU45310)" -
     Windows 2000 account NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM;
        mailbox /o=campbellsville/ou=First Administrative
     Group/cn=Recipients/cn=studentrecords.
     Error: -2147221231

        TIA,

Hermano Queiroz <mailto:hjsqueiroz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>