RE: Adding a 5.5 Server to an existing Organization and Site

  • From: "James Barr" <JamesB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 23:48:19 +0100

Have a look at ( even though the error is different the tests on
communication and name resolution are valid)

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q159485

especially try the last test with exchange administrator from the new
server.

Also make sure that you are logged onto the new server as the exchange
service account while your carrying out the installation.

Do you get any error messages in the application log when setup fails, if so
what are they ?

James