Active Directory\Exchange Last Logon tool Tool.

  • From: <paul_lemonidis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 00:53:44 +0100

Hi all

A very quick question please. I hope this is not considered too off topic.Many
apologies if so. Is there a tool out there, preferably free but not
necessarily, that will allow me to find out when a user last logged on to the
Domain\Exchange. The last logon listing in System Manager only displays the
last user and time that user accessed the mailbox. Thus if the next user is
someone other than the owner of the mailbox the listing becomes useless This is
especially true as we use Exmerge to access all mailboxes. Also of course there
is the problem of a network user who logs on to the Domain but does not access
his Email. As unlikely as this seems it does happen now and again.

The basic problem is that I have a large number of users who have left the
company and want to remove their email and network accounts. Thus I need to
determine valid from invalid users. I could theoretically compare the Active
Directory listing against provided but a last logon utility would strike me as
the quickest and simplest way to achieve this.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,

Paul Lemonidis.