RE: Active Directory Import/Export

  • From: "Mulnick, Al" <Al.Mulnick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 09:13:21 -0500

Yes.  But the answer depends on how you create new users.  Do you use the
MMC tools or do you custom create users?
What's your comfort level with admin type scripting?

Script:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=300427
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=277717

Future account creation:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=250455

If you have some other way you do administrivia, then you'll need to let us
know how that process works and what you intend to do with it.  LDFIDE is a
PITA that really should be a last resort unless you're just so bored that
you need something to do.  LDIFDE is so unforgiving it's barely worth the
effort to work with IMHO.

-ajm

P.S. I'm just guessing, but you're not as likely to get help from Microsoft
if you start by calling them 'Mother Microsoft' which may be taken as a
derogatory statement.  It's best to usually post with just the facts and
leave the commentary out if you really want to get a useful response from
the company you're talking about.  They may not see the same sense of humor
that you do.  Just a piece of free advice; take it for what it's worth <g>