RE: Active Directory Exchange Schema Updates

  • From: "Shevill, Mark M SITI-ITDCE22" <Mark.Shevill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 07:13:20 -0000

You need to have the exchange admin tools installed on your machine in
order to see the exchange tabs through ADUC. I assume that you will not
have this installed on a DC. However, it will be installed on an
exchange server

You can verify the schema replication, firstly through replmon and
checking on the updates that are still pending replication. Secondly be
checking the config container on several of the domain controllers to
ensure that they are holding the correct exchange info. Second way is a
bit long winded though.

You will also notice a similar behaviour on workstations. If you install
the admin tools on a workstation you will see the exchange tabs via
ADUC. On a machine at the side of it without ESM installed there will be
no tabs for exchange.

Mark Shevill
IMG Messaging Technical Lead
Tel: +44 161 435 8709 Fax: +44 161 933 3502 Other Tel: +44 7932 625510
Email: Mark.Shevill@xxxxxxxxx
Internet: http://www.shell.com <http://www.shell.com/>

  _____