Active Directory Exchange Schema Updates

  • From: Lloyd Williams <Williams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 23:38:48 -0500

I am currently upgrading our exchange 5.5 site to Exchange 2003.
After installing the active directory connector and running the connection
agreement wizard I notice two things. When I examine the properties of users
in "active directory users and groups" on my prospective exchange 2003
server the users have all the new exchange attributes. However if I examine
the properties of users in "active directory users and groups" on a
different domain controller the properties do not have the extra exchange
tabs. Its looks like the schema has not been extended for these other domain
controllers. However if I go into "active directory sites and services" and
force replication I get no errors.
So I am worried that in some sense my schema has not been replicated.

Also when I hit verify after running the connection agreement wizard it
tells me I have users still to replicate to the exchange 5.5 directory. Do I
have to worry about this as all the users in my cn=users don't need mail
boxes and I think these are the users that haven't been written to the
exchange 5.5 directory.