Account lockout

  • From: Praveen Ramaswamy <ramaswamy_praveen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 22:51:10 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

  Users account gets locked out if the password is typed worngly only once.
Actual policy is 3 times. When intialy users complained i tought users might be
giving me worng inputs, but when many people complained, i verified and saw
account gets locked out with one worng try.

  Note : Users only logon to Exchange mailbox, they do not logon to the domain
the exchange server is member of. We have two domains, one is NT and the other
is 2003. Users logon on to NT domain and access mailbox on 2003 domain by
typing in domain\user name and the password.

  What could be worng. I use windows 2003 SP1 and Exchange 2003 SP1

  Regards
  Praveen R

 Yahoo! Autos. Looking for a sweet ride? Get pricing, reviews, & more on new
and used cars.