RE: ADS AND EXCHANGE IN DIFFRENT SERVERS

  • From: "Andrew English" <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2005 13:12:34 -0500

Build another Windows 2003 server, join it to the DC like you join your
workstations however do not run DCPROMO on the new machine. Then run
forest and domain prep on your DC, and run setup once that's done on
your new Windows 2003 server to install Exchange, apply the SPK's and
patches, then move your emails from box a to box b, and promote the new
exchange server to being the primary one, then once everything is tested
and is working remove the old exchange. And don't forget to do a backup!

Andrew