RE: A thought about OWA

  • From: "Kenny Mann" <Kennymann@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 15:01:58 -0600

OWA requires IIS to run, which Apache/Linux won't do.
If you are looking for a webmail client for sendmail, checkout
SquirrelMail.org (uses PHP) or ilohamail.org (Uses PHP) or check
freshmeat.net. There are some pay webmail programs, but alas I don't
know any off the top of my head.

I currently use SquirrelMail for my home mail because it's lean, uses
IMAP, free, and uses PHP. It also has allot of plug-ins and you can
write your own as well (although it's not the easiest in the world).

These programs will also run on IIS as well, since they are PHP based
and IIS can do PHP.

Kenny Mann