RE: 5.7.1 unable to relay

  • From: "Gonzalez, Thomas A." <Thomas.Gonzalez@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 15:21:12 -0500

DNS resolve set?

-----Original Message-----
From: KJ Demott [mailto:prjit@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, September 05, 2002 2:48 PM
To: [ExchangeList]
Subject: [exchangelist] 5.7.1 unable to relay

http://www.MSExchange.org/

I am running SBS2000 (Exchange 2000 sp3). The after double checking against
Mark's article, the relay settings are just as described.

Not all the time, but frequently we will get error messages to all earthlink

accounts:

There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server.
Please contact your system administrator. #5.5.0 smtp;550 relaying to
_________@xxxxxxxxxxxxx prohibited by administrator.

Frequently with one other organization/domain to whom we frequently
communicate we receive the following error:

5.7.1 Unable to relay for ______@xxxxxxx

I don't know if they are related problems or not. For a while I thought this

was a problem with the recipient's server, but I don't think earthlink is
down as often as I receive these errors.