5.5 to 2K upgrade

  • From: Andrea Coppini <AndreaCoppini@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 17:49:00 +0200

Hallo,

Following my cry for help earlier, I have taken the advantage of being down
to convince the management that we need to purchase new Exchange software..
And it worked... :-)

I currently have Exchange 5.5 Standard running on NT4. I also have 150 Exch
5.5 CALs.  All Clients are Outlook 2000 or XP.

We will be installing a brand new Win2K server on a new Win2K domain and
install Exch 2k Enterprise on that.

I want to have both Exch 5.5 and 2k running in parallel for some time
(probably 1 or 2 months) until I move all the mailboxes across and iron out
any problems.

After explaining to my supplier what I need, I have a quotation for the
following 2 items:
312-01580       Ms Exchange Upg / Adv OLP NL
381-01367       Ms Exchange CAL Upd / Adv OLP NL

Does the above tell you anything if it is the Enterprise version of
exchange?  All I can see is the 'UPG' for upgrade.  Does ADV = Advanced =
Enterprise?

Will we be able to use the media we will buy for Exch 2k to install it on a
clean server, or is it just suitable for an inplace upgrade?

Regards
Mr. Andrea Coppini
(+356) 79 263732
andreacoppini@xxxxxxxx

EMPOWER PEOPLE - THE WORLD IN YOUR HAND

iWG (iWORLD GROUP) is a global e-mobile company creating, building and
growing new businesses.  iWG founders are pioneers in creating multi-billion
dollar mobile and Internet businesses in Europe, Asia and the US.

The Global Partners include the shareholders Bank of America, Deutsche Bank,
Hikari Tsushin, McCaw, PaineWebber/UBS, The Dolphins' Trust, Perikles Trust
and the iAA Advisory Network.

www.iWG.info

www.countryprofiler.com/iWG

Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message.  If
message to anyone. In such case, you should destroy this message and kindly
notify the sender by reply email.