5.5 Recovering single users email

  • From: berickson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 16:44:13 -0700

Setup: Exch 5.5 on Win2k server

I'm a relative newbie to Exchange in an organization (14 public schools/600
employee) that can only afford 1 tech - me!

One of my most active users cannot find any email before today. His mail has
important legal implications for projects he's working on.

 His mailbox shows 336,369K of Deleted Items and 109,586K of Total K. This
tells me he should be seeing a lot of stuff, but he doesn't. I checked his
views, which is the first thing I normally look at, and don't find anything
out of whack.

In looking at things I also find my backup has not been getting the email
regularly, so the prospect of restoring a recent backup is low.

Any suggestions on what to look at are greatly appreciated.