2 issues

  • From: "Stelley, Douglas" <dstelley@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 13:34:26 -0400

Hello all;
   2 Questions concerning E2K

1.      Is it possible to prevent mail to a specific account from being
accepted, without sending an NDR? As an example we get alot of mail to a
specific address that doesn't exist. Can I just block/trash mail to this
adx without sending an NDR?
2.      Has anyone experianced where some(not all) mail from listserves
(and only listservs) get "bounced" even what most mail from that
listserve gets through? Example, mail from this listserv (exchangelist)
comes through 90% of the time, the other 10% I get a "bounce" error.
here's a sample bounce error: 

                                        Your message did not reach some
or all of the intended recipients.

                                        Subject: [Exchange2000] workflow
designer for exchange 2000

                                        Sent: 7/10/2003 11:42 AM

        The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

        Stelley, Douglas on 7/10/2003 12:51 PM

        A configuration error in the e-mail system caused the message to
bounce between two servers or to be forwarded between two recipients.
Contact your administrator.

        <mail.ogh.org #4.4.6>

Any Ideas?
Doug Stelley
Network Admin.
Olean General Hospital
There are never any bugs you haven't found yet.

Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this message may be 
legally privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of 
the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the 
intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the 
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any release, dissemination, 
distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you 
have received this communication in error please notify the author immediately 
by replying to this message and deleting the original message. Thank you.

Other related posts: