[europeangroupcut] ::: Newsletter ::: 14/12/2003 :::

  • From: "Ivan Castell" <ivancastell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <europeangroupcut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 21:17:42 +0100 (CET)

::: European Group Cut - Digital Film Project ::: Newsletter :::
Hi everybody.

This are the December news related to the European Group Cut project so far:

1) Arkania colaboration with the EGC
2) Application closing date
3) Iván Castell short-film selected in spanish festival

<14/12/2003> Arkania colaboration with the EGC

Starting from today, the server Arkania, colaborates officially with the
European Group Cut project, offering us all the web espace necessary to host
our website and be able to offer a video download zone (trailers,
shortfilms, shooting footage, etc.). Our sincere gratefulness.

http://www.arkania.org

<09/12/2003> Application closing date

The closing date for sending us your synopsis, in order to apply to join
this project is the 26 December.

Thank you all for your interest in our project. we've been receiving
applications and information requests since mid-november, and we will like
to thank you all. We're really surprised about the feedback we're receiving
and the high-skill level of people who want to join this project. We will
like to remind you that we're looking for a filmmaker to join our project.
Some of you have shown interest in our project but never send us a synopsis.
Others have send to us a CV but again, no synopsis (most of the time people
answering to out post in www.mandy.com). If you've alredy send a synopsis to
us, please don't pay attention to this
message. If you didn't but you're not interested in our project, please do
the same. But if you're interested in our project please send us a synopsis
before 26 december.  That's what we need from you:

a) Profile wanted:

- Age: between 20 - 30 years old.
- Any European nationality.
- Resident in any European country, except Spain and Belgium.
- Experience as filmmaker and scriptwriter (short movies, documentaries,
feature films, etc...).
- Digital formats experience (DigiBeta, DVCAM, DV, etc...)
- To own or have access to digital data recorder equipment (camera mini-DV
1.5MB pixels at least), as well as ability to get a sound system, the
lighting, actors and to assume the production of his/her part of the film.
- Knowledge of Spanish or failing that English.
- Internet, e-mail and chat well use. Knowledge of Final Draft.
- Availability to urgently join the project and to assume all
responsibilities.

Very important. Unpaid work. Each filmmaker pays his/her expenses
production, although there is a possibility to establish a common budget,
composed by possible subventions, money supports to the production and other
funds that will be shared on equal parts despite of the origin.

B) Synopsis:

To gain access to the selection tests the applicant should write a free
original synopsis based on the starting point hereafter described and then
send it (as well as the cv) by e-mail to the following e-mail address:
concurso@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (if you have problems sending to this email
account please send it to: i_castell@xxxxxxxxxxx)

synopsis.starting.point
While walking in a park in your city you find a baggage left on a bench.

synopsis.aims.characteristics
To develop a free synopsis from the above-mentioned event. This synopsis
must tell a story -in 30 minutes- of what would happen to a person in the
above-mentioned situation, and it must be the whole story (including the
end). This synopsis should never be longer that 20 lines and it should be
written on "Times New Roman" and size 12.

Closing date: 26 December.

After that we will select the best synopsis and get in contact with these
applicants. This will happen in the first week of January 2004. We will make
a final decision in mid-january.

I will also like to answer some of the question we've been receiving:

1) We are not a firm or organisation. At this moment we don't have a juridic
form. We are an independent group of filmmakers who want to shoot a
collective european movie. In the financial part we've been discussing a lot
until now, and the most credible solution at this point is that we'll have
to make a common budget: personal money, subsidizes and regional production
facilities that we will share on equal parts. We want to get firm and
sponsor attention but this will be when we have a final script and a final
production scenario.

2) We aim to shoot in Digital Betacam if we get financial support. The other
possibility is to shoot in high DV professional cameras (DVCAM, DVpro,
DV100, etc...) that can achieve a broadcast quality at a reasonable cost.
Every filmmaker must take the responsability of get a sound system, the
lighting, actors and to assume the production of his/her part of the film.
But as a team we've to help others members so this is not a: "join our
project, shoot your part and we don't care how you'll manage to do it". We
have a really strong spirit of group work/project. We, together will make
this project happen, not each one alone on his side.

3)  The different stories are linked. Each filmmaker write his history but
some basic points must be respected so that the final joint story makes
sens. Each 30 min story will - once finished - be packed along with the
other two as a joint 90 min script.  At the end, the final edit will be a 90
min full-lenght feature film, and stories will happen at the same time.

<08/12/2003> Iván Castell short-film selected in spanish festival

The Iván Castell's short-film "Encerrado" ("Locked up"), is selected in the
Festival de Cine Jóvenes Realizadores Ciudad de Zaragoza 2003.

http://www.jovenesrealizadoreszaragoza.com

Regards

Iván Castell

A) Send a mail to europeangroupcut-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
with the subject "unsubscribe" (without the quotes).

B) Send a mail to info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and we will do
it for you

Website: http://www.europeangroupcut.tk
Contact: info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx