[euralex] eLex2011 conference report

  • From: "Simon Krek" <simon.krek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <euralex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 09:50:28 +0100

Apologies for multiple postings...

------------

eLex 2011 CONFERENCE REPORT

eLex 2011 - eLexicography in the 21st century: New applications for new
users

Bled, Slovenia, 10-12 November, 2011

conference website: http://www.trojina.si/elex2011

organized by: Trojina, Institute for Applied Slovene Studies

The conference attracted 100 participants from around the world. New
dictionaries, tools, and resources were presented, and current topics and
issues in electronic lexicography were discussed, such as dictionary
customization for individual users, user-generated content, and how to keep
dictionary-making business profitable with (free) online dictionaries.
Another hot topic, addressed at the round table, was how dictionaries of the
future will look like and if they will still be called dictionaries.

You can **WATCH** the keynote talks, the round table and some of the
presentations by visiting http://videolectures.net/elex2011_bled.

The conference **PROCEEDINGS** are now available at
http://www.trojina.si/elex2011/Vsebine/proceedings.html where you can
download the entire volume or individual papers.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank our sponsors, the keynote
speakers, the participants, and the members of the scientific committee for
contributing to the success of the conference.

Iztok Kosem (in the name of the eLex 2011 organizing committee)