[euralex] Lexicom workshop, Sweden, June 10-14

  • From: Adam Kilgarriff <adam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: corpora@xxxxxx, euralex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, asialex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, afrilex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, DSNA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, lexicom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 09:18:53 +0100

Lexicom 2013 <http://nlp.fi.muni.cz/lexicom2013/>Workshop in Lexicography
and Lexical Computing
Kivik, Sweden
June 10th-14th 2013
Second Announcement: early-bird rates end 1st May

Lexicom is a five-day intensive workshop in lexicography and lexical
computing created by the Lexicography
MasterClass<http://www.lexmasterclass.com/>
.

> Seminars on theoretical issues alternate with hands-on work at the
computer. Working in small groups or individually, you will learn how to
create dictionaries and other lexical resources, from the preparation of
corpora to the planning, design and writing of entries that exploit the
opportunities of digital media. There is also a stream dedicated to corpus
development and management, for more computational people.

> This is the workshop's thirteenth year and we now have three hundred
graduates, from all parts of the world: reviews of previous events can be
found here <http://www.lexmasterclass.com/previous-lexicom-workshops/>.

> It will be led by Adam Kilgarriff <http://www.kilgarriff.co.uk/> and Michael
Rundell <http://www.lexmasterclass.com/people/michael-rundell/> with local
co-ordination by Jens Erlandsen, EMP AB <http://www.emp.dk/>
For more details and registration form see
http://nlp.fi.muni.cz/lexicom2013/

Adam Kilgarriff <http://www.kilgarriff.co.uk/>
adam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Director                                    Lexical Computing
Ltd<http://www.sketchengine.co.uk/>

Visiting Research Fellow                 University of
Leeds<http://leeds.ac.uk>

*Corpora for all* with the Sketch Engine <http://www.sketchengine.co.uk>

                        *DANTE: a lexical database for
English<http://www.webdante.com>