[euralex] Re: Adam Kilgarriff

  • From: "Inam Ullah" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "torwalpk@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: "michael.rundell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <michael.rundell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 23:46:40 +0500

So sad to hear this. Our sincere prayers are for Adam and sympathies for his
family. May Allah bless him with eternal peace (Amin). Inam Ullah from
Pakistan.

Sent from my iPhone

On May 18, 2015, at 7:29 PM, Michael Rundell
<michael.rundell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

With great sadness, I am writing to let you know that our friend and
colleague, Adam Kilgarriff - a hugely distinguished and much-loved member of
the Euralex community - died yesterday evening. As many of you will know,
Adam was diagnosed with advanced cancer last autumn. He faced this awful
illness with an amazing spirit, with a dignity, calm, and good humour which
only increased the admiration and affection in which he was held by us all.
We have lost an exceptional linguist and a wonderful friend, and we will all
miss him terribly. Please think of Adam, his wife Gill, and his children
Boris, Maddie, and Raffie.

Michael Rundell--------------
to //www.freelists.org/list/euralex, enter your email address in the
User
Options box and choose the unsubscribe option in the Choose an action
dropdown
list.

list.