[etni] Re: too many matkonet tests...

  • From: "Adele Raemer and Laurie Levy" <raemer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sarag@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 12:08:47 +0300

In our 5 point classes this year, we recommended to the learners who we felt
were borderline, to take the 4 point test this year (C,D and E) as a safety
net.  Especially since the tests were such unknowns, we felt that kids who
might do poorly on the F and G modules (since they are 40% writing each one)
would benefit from having the 4 point test under their belts.  They will be
taking the F and G in the winter (my school tries to get as many kids
finished with English in the winter - school policy - a way of cutting down
on teachers).  Then, if they do poorly, they can decide to either stay with
their 4 point test, or try and improve the 5 point modules.  I am not sure
we will all (teachers, administration AND learners) feel that this was worth
it, but we will see what the outcomes are in the end, and draw our
conclusions.

~Adele