[etni] Re: to David Herz, Re: Bagrut: Sharon Tzur's post on modeling our Bagrut on the math modules

  • From: "Michele Ben" <mggben@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: judyewc@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 11:50:16 +0300

There is no doubt in my mind that the Bagrut should be abolished in all
subjects asap.  Instead, school grades and performance should be taken into
consideration for university acceptence along with an interview and teacher
recommendations.   Kids not interested in going on to higher education
should be able to receive good vocational training on par with the academic
training offered to those interested in further academic education.  Quality
insurance could be done through proper supervision of schools by the
inspecotrate and principals.  But then we would have to know that the
Ministry, and educational system in general, is untouched by corruption and
people out for personal political gain, but rather genuinely interested in
producing well-educated, morally upright citizens.
Michele