[etni] time for a commercial

  • From: ask@xxxxxxxx
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 02:49:30 -0700

Hi all,

We have received a number of letters asking about advertising on the ETNI list.
In other words - what exactly is the ETNI policy when it comes to commercial
wares.

We believe that the list should also be used to bring to the attention of
teachers, and other EFL professionals
- items related to the field. Thus, we not only allow, but encourage companies,
institutions, etc., to notify
the ETNI public of their wares - whether it be books, courses, job
opportunities, etc.

HOWEVER - we also try to keep this as non commercial as possible.
Thus we do not allow the listing of prices in such announcements. The
announcements should be kept short, and
it is also a good idea to include a URL to a page that supplies more detailed
information for those people who
are really interested.

We will also not allow companies/institutions/etc. to constantly advertise the
same wares through the list. If
you have told the list once about your books/course/etc. - that's it. C'est
tout. Don't plan to use the list as
a flyer re-announcement every few weeks.

The same goes for the book companies. The idea is to make an announcement of
new books, etc., about once a year
- and not plan to announce a new book each time one comes out.

If any of you want to comment on this policy, we will be glad to receive and
consider your comments.
You can send your comments either directly to us - ask@xxxxxxxx
or to the list, if you wish your comments to become a part of the general
discussion.

The ETNI Team