[etni] Re: rakazim and teacher placement/finishing English by end of 10th grade

  • From: Micaela Ziv <zivmica@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dkidorf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Etni <Etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 08:17:10 +0300

Dear Dvora,
I humbly suggest you explain to your principal that English is not something
that needs to "be got out of the way as quickly as possible". It is a tool
for life. The one tool they will definitely need whatever career they choose
and thus the longer they spend studying it and refining their critical
reading and writing skills the better.
Specifically about the literature - I believe it would be extrmely hard to
complete all the requirements in 10th grade.
Good luck!
Micaela Ziv