[etni] (no subject)

  • From: phyllis oded <phylliso@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2013 09:28:17 +0200

Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2013 19:10:47 +0200
Subject: [etni] Why study English? An apolitical message to students from Nafta
From: "R. Borenstein" <rachcb1@xxxxxxxxx>
Shavua tov.
I posted this on ETNI FB but for those who are too busy with schoolwork to
get sucked into FB-Land, here is Naftali Bennet's message to students (in
Hebrew).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?vêhp5zCcuzA&feature=youtu.be
Rachelle

Dear Rachelle: Thank you for sharing.Subject: Naftalie Bennett speaks about the
importance of learning English
I agree with everything he says.
 However, I would add one more suggestion: After looking up the new word, put a
line under it and a number [number 1 for the first new word, etc.] and THEN at
the bottom of the page, write that number followed by the meaning in Hebrew.
This creats a mini-glossary. THEN when the student rereads that particular
article, which s/he should do several times, s/he CAN, if necessary look down
for the word meaning. After multiple rereadings, the student will discover that
s/he 'knows subconsciously' this word now ......and  then  when that word
appears in a new reading passage, will 'remember' the meaning. I have been
telling my students to do this for years and the feedback to this method has
been totally positive.
Yours, Phyllis
.
He speaks in Hebrew but his message is very, very important.

http://www.youtube.com:80/watch?vêhp5zCcuzA&feature=youtu.be
** ETNI Blog and Poll
   http://ask-etni.blogspot.co.il/
** Etni homepage - http://www.etni.org