(no subject)

  • From: Rivka Lewenstein <rlewen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2009 01:00:44 -0700 (PDT)

Not only is the information on the Inspectorate's website sorely lacking (e.g.,
the core pieces of literature), it is also totally out of date (e.g., it still
mentions personal response as one of the seven steps) - I would not recommend
that anyone rely on it.
All the best,
Rivka

Tami wrote:

go to
Go to
http://cms.education.gov.il/EducationCMS/Units/Mazkirut_Pedagogit/English/Bagrut/LiteratureModule.htm

Rivka wrote:
Jack, no one has been officially informed of anything because the Ministry
is STILL making changes to the program. (I have been informed that final
announcements about the new core program will be made within a week or two,
but we'll see...) The main reason given for this delay is that the steering
committee has taken teachers' feedback seriously, and is changing the
program to reflect that feedback (e.g., changing some of the pieces of
literature, slightly reducing the workload). On the one hand, kol hakavod to
them for that - I do believe that the program will be much improved as a
result. On the other hand, I agree with you that it's ridiculous to begin
implementing a program next year when we don't yet know what the program is.
(I would like to plan out my year BEFORE I begin the school year, and I'll
be on vacation most of August...) But as I said, supposedly the official
program will be out shortly.