[etni] more thoughts on discrepancies

  • From: "Aviva Shapiro" <alshapirose@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 01:04:03 +0200

As I sit up sleepless well after midnight and read what friends and
colleagues have written in response to my letter I feel a little bit better.
I totaly  agree with Jimmy (thanks for saying it ) Are we to be punished for
following the rules??? How absurd? This is is what irks me most. If I felt I
was wrong I would step up and take my punishment but what is happening now
is just unjust!! English teachers who are not in this situation today might
just find themselves in it tomorrow or the next day.

Now the Ministry is putting pressure on ALL teachers to do the NBA course or
in the future perhaps they won't be able to teach for Bagrut.  And this is
right. Teachers must learn and keep up to date But why can they make demands
on us and then when we ask or request a sympathetic ear ,not listen !!Aren't
we all in this for the good of the children. Isn't English MORE than just a
Bagrut exam????
.
Well for all it's worth. Thanks to those supportive teachers who have
written to me personally. In spite of my present feelings of
anger and frustration  I will continue the fight and appeal this decision. I
hope that we win not only because the students deserve it but also to show
the Ministry that we stand up for what we believe in.

I'll keep all ETNIers posted...Aviva