[etni] more on pilot??

  • From: Sharon Tzur <sharontzu5@xxxxxxx>
  • To: agarti@xxxxxxxxxxxx, etni <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 14:17:41 +0200

Dear Aviva:

It was nice to hear about your positive experience with the pilot program
(exam option). Could you tell us more? What kind of class did you teach? How
many students? What pieces of literature did you choose?

I also wondered if you could make any estimate as to the extra work
involved. You wrote that it was a demanding and exhausting process and you
worked harder than at any time in your career. What made the program so
demanding? Admittedly, a pilot program will always involve extra work, but
how much of the extra work do you anticipate will be a regular part of the
process? (extra preparation time, time needed for assessment, for writing
exams, etc.)

At present, we are entitled to 1 1/2 hours of g'mul and 2% for module F
(just as any math teacher gets for one module.). Do you think you could
estimate, in terms of hours, how much more time a teacher will need to
devote to teaching  the F literature exam as opposed to the present F exam?

Also, how many hours a week did your students have for English? How many
hours a week did you devote to literature?

Yours,

Sharon Tzur