[etni] etni debare re: NBA Re: etni Digest V3 #115

  • From: Batya <shilohmuse@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 11:54:22 -0700 (PDT)

First of all, I agree with Nina and Rivka L.

All this new terminology doesn't teach English.  The new textbooks, especially
on the lower levels are a waste.  We're supposed to teach English, and the
Hebrew, general, curriculum is supposed to teach other things like "reading
comprehension," composition, summarizing etc.

I must admit that there is one good thing in the new instructions---rubrics,
and I think it suits the needs of this young generation in that it gives them
specific instructions, expectations and demands.

Projects don't teach English; they utilize language skills and are good
practice for using them.

Batya

 http://shilohmusings.blogspot.com/

http://me-ander.blogspot.com/