[etni] discrepancies: Aviva's letter

  • From: laurie@xxxxxxxx
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 05:31:03 -0700

 I must say I am very disturbed by the information in Aviva's letter to the
list. Although I haven't yet received a similar letter regarding
discrepancies between the "tziun shnati" and the Bagrut grade, I am well
aware that for the first time ever, I also had considerable discrepancies.
(Modules E, F and G) I want to add that the case was not true regarding the
senior class who took the old format...also 5 points.  All of this we
analyzed together over ETNI this summer. If we are to be penalized now with
with less weight given to our grades...which the kids received because they
deserved them, this is just pouring salt onto an already open wound.To date
we have not received any reasonable response from the Ministry. I have
phonedthe Irgun numerous times trying to speak with Bracha Metziel to
facilitate setting up the meeting Nina requested in her letter to the Irgun.
My efforts remain fruitless and I just find myself leaving messages which go
unanswered. I will try again tomorrow. Have any other schools received such
letters? I think we should compile this information and together file
anothergrievance with the Irgun...for what it's worth! Laurie