[etni] bagrut markers

  • From: Yehudit <elgavi@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 'Etni Messages' <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2008 10:50:40 +0300

We must not make ANYconcessions after standing firm yesterday. Everyone
who has lived even a short time in this country knows that one has to
stand up for things in order to achieve anything. (I learnt this early
on in my life here while dealing with the סוכנות  - more years ago that
I like to recall!)
On the practical matter of budget problems, in my opinion the best way
to save enormous amounts of money would be to abolish the ridiculous
Moed Bet exam sessions, which cost a fortune in writing and printing
tests, paying markers, seniors and proctors, as well as shortening the
teaching time in the school year. We used to have the Bagrut in June
just before the end of the school year and then teaching could go on
until some time in May. The marking would then be less stressful, as
there would be no pressure to "get in the grades" before Moed Bet. There
would be enough money to lower the quotas to a reasonable level (as we
used to have before the modular exam system) and in this way both
students and markers would bet a fair deal.
That's my two pence worth for today !
Yehudit