[etni] another movie for teaching

  • From: laurie sapir <lfs22@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2010 13:40:50 +0200

Many thanks for compililng the movie lists!

I would add the movie "The Namesake"  -  (òðéï ùì ùí ) if I'm not mistaken in
Hebrew. An excerpt from this movie appears in the first chapter ("What's in a
Name?") of the textbook TEN. It's a wonderful movie, dealing with many relevant
topics: love and marriage, dating across cultures, roles of women in cultures,
immigration and assimilation into the US , culture clash vs. blending old
country traditions with the new culture, the meaning of our names. The
photography of the Indian parts is beautiful, esp. of the Taj Mahal. The kids
really like the movie, esp if issues the movie deals with are discussed in
class.

Laurie Sapir
Amakim-Tavor School