[etni] Understanding the point system

  • From: "Emma Leavey" <emmaleavey1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 15:03:57 +0100

Hello all,

I've arrived recently in Israel and am shortly to begin private tutoring of
students who are studying for their Bagrut exam in English. However, having
had no experience of the school system here I'm trying to find out as much
as I can and am bewildered as to what the point system is all about. What
are the three, four and five point exams? Does it have something to do with
the student's level of proficiency when they come to take their finals or
are they different exams taken at different points during the school year?
I'd really appreciate a clear answer to this question as I'm a bit confused!

Thanks in advance,

Emma