[etni] Teaching the Conflicts Graduate Study at BIU

  • From: sara g <saragabai@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ETNI list <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 22:44:20 +0300

TEACHING THE CONFLICTS: A DEGREE
PROGRAM IN LITERATURE, THEORY, AND PEDAGOGY
AT BAR-ILAN UNIVERSITY

FOR ENGLISH TEACHERS SEEKING AN ADVANCED DEGREE

If you are an experienced teacher of upper level English classes in high school
• If you believe that literature is important to our understanding of
ourselves and our world
• If you find yourself frustrated teaching literature to high school
students thinking only about the “bagrut”
• If you’d like to consider working toward an MA or a PhD in English
that would put you in a position to have a wider influence on the way
literature is taught in Israel

then we want to talk to you. If you’d like to invigorate your teaching
and improve your ability to communicate your excitement to your
students by working towards an advanced degree or by taking courses
for "hishtalmut morim”, let us tell you about our special program in
the English Department at Bar-Ilan University.

For more information, see the notice on the  ETNI Advertisement Board,
in the Courses / Workshops section,
or go to
http://www.etni.org/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=865#p1079

--