[etni] Penalty for Cheating

  • From: Rivka Lewenstein <rlewen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sharontzu5@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 04:49:57 -0700 (PDT)

Sharon, I agree with you about penalizing students for cheating on their
projects. While it's true that the oral Bagrut is supposed to test speaking and
not take a look at the projects themselves, the fact is that doing a project is
a requirement for that part of the oral Bagrut. Otherwise, why not just let
students bring in a newspaper article and discuss it, or do a "show-and-tell"
about any topic they want? I don't know what the Ministry's take on the subject
is, by I do know how I feel about it: GIVE THOSE KIDS A ZERO! (or at least only
the 40 points for the interview)

My colleagues and I, who have all worked extremely hard doing projects with our
students that met all the NBA requirements, making sure that everyone did the
work properly without any shortcuts, are just disgusted by this whole thing.

All the best,
Rivka

Yahoo! Messenger