[etni] Looking for help in creating English vocabulary quiz

  • From: "Jacob Richman" <jrichman@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 15:31:42 +0200

Hi Everyone!

I am in the middle of creating a website for learning English
vocabulary. The site will contain educational flash games and
it will be geared to kids and adults.

One of the games will be an educational trivia type quiz.
The trivia quiz will have about a dozen topics. The topics will
range from vocabulary to grammar. The quiz will work like the
Jewish Trivia Quiz at:
http://www.J.co.il

Each topic will have 50 easy questions and 50 harder questions in
the database. The user will choose 10 or 25 questions at a time and
the level (easy or hard). The quiz will randomly pick questions on the
selected topic from the database.

I am looking for 1-2 English teachers to help me develop the
questions / multiple choice answers for the quiz.
I do not have a fortune to spend but I am willing to give 1/2 a shekel
per question. This would be 50 shekels per topic. It is not a lot of
money but this is what there is for now.

The questions can not be taken from publications or other copyrighted
material. My first choice would be to work with teachers in Ma'aleh
Adumim or Jerusalem. However, if no one is interested, I would work
with any teacher in Israel that has some experience creating these type of
questions.

If you are interested, please send me an email with your background
and contact information. Due to the large amounts of email I get each
day, please put the words "vocabulary help" in the email subject.
I will send you additional details if you are suitable for the project.
Thanks!

The scheduled launch of the site is mid-October.
Shana Tova,
Jacob