[etni] Re: Livnat sets up 'national task force' to promote education

  • From: michele ben <benfam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ETNI Discussion List <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 14:11:47 +0200

I just read the article.  It seems like a very bad joke.  Perhaps the Israel
spends the most on educational *bureaucracy* in the western world, because it's
hard to believe that with 40 kids in a class, hours cut, no rooms in school,
broken furniture, electricity part-time, not enough books, no place to sit
during free hours except a very crowded teachers' room, a rocky dirt path that
leads to the library and other amenities that money for education is being spent
properly or at all.  Of 'course the teachers are to blame.  That's why we will
all have to work for corrupt local authorities and be subject to the whim of
whichever Rosh Ir is elected.  In addition, it would be criminal to involve
anyone who really works as a teacher or in education in the committee trying to
improve the educational system.  How encouraging.
Michele