[etni] Korczak - quote of the week

  • From: "avi tsur" <tsuravi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 09:09:26 +0000

Join us for The second session of The Janusz Korczak Hishtalmut.

This will be a very special and memorable session as the program includes
meeting with one of the few remaining graduates of Korczak's orphanage who
will share his personal collection of photographs (which we will project
onto a screen). Shlomo Nadel will address us and will answer any and all
questions about Korczak, the orphanage, whatever, ... Behind each and every
photograph lies a story. Shlomo's talk will be in Hebrew.

This is a once in a lifetime opportunity - you don't want to miss!!

Date: December 23, 2003
Place: Ministry of Education Building, Hashlosha 2, Yad Eliyahu, Tel Aviv
(2nd floor)
Registration: 9:30
Session   1: 10:00 - 12:15   "Implementing Korczak's Educational Philosophy"
Session 11: 12:30 - 13:30   "The Stories behind the Photos"  Shlomo Nadel
graduate of Korczak's orphanage and the photographer in person.

A variety of books (in Hebrew) published by the Korczak association will be
on sale at half price

Marsha and Avi

Yes, indeed, I salute those youngsters with my eyes and thoughts and with
the question: what are you, what wonderful mystery is there deep inside you?
I salute you with my determination: how can I help you? I salute them in the
same way as an astronomer salutes a star that always has been, is and will
be. That salutation should hold a place somewhere in between the scientist's
ecstasy and a humble prayer.

The Child in the Family (number 33) ~ Janusz Korczak