[etni] Fw:re: Any news

  • From: "Ask Etni" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Etni" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2008 12:21:47 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: "Judyv" <judyv@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [etni] Any news

-----Hi Jacquie!
I understand  your sentiment that we are not actually doing anything
specific to further our cause  - like demonstrating or drowning
ourselves!!! - but I think that is the best plan of "action."

I don't like the idea of a go slow - I would not like to travel all the way
up tp the Marvad for only 16 tests! The "beauty" of this strike (as opposed
the the previous teachers' strike earlier this year) is that our greatest
strength lies in the fact that we are doing absolutely NOTHING. We are
irreplaceable as a group and all we have to do is nothing!!!

When teachers striked this year, the accumulated cost of having groups of
teenagers loitering in the streets and shopping malls for months was not
really clear. Parents didn't have to stay home and somehow the strike was
allowed to drag on for a long time without any really loud shouts from
anywhere. This time - the cost is very clear and present: no English grade -
no Bagrut.

I think we should carry on doing nothing - let's not call them - they will
call us!

Judyv