[etni] Fwd: books for Abda Elementary School

  • From: ETNI list <etni.list@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Etni <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 14:21:23 +0200

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: laurie ornstein <laurenmadeline@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: books for Abda Elementary School

Hi Everyone,

Today I visited Abda Elementary School, a cluster of colorfully
painted prefab structures situated, across the road from the ancient
City of Avdat. The gardens and trees within the complex make it warm
and welcoming. A small school with one class per grade level.

The library shelves share space in the computer room for now. For
starters, we've filled up 2 whole shelves with lovely books. The
pupils are already enjoying them.

So, I'm sure most of  you ETNIers, coming to ETAI, might have a book
or 2 to donate to this tiny library.  Pack it in your bag; it's not
that heavy! I'm building it book by book so don't feel you need to
have a full carton to help. The books should be suitable for
elementary and junior high and of course, attractive and in very good
condition.

I'll find a spot in the book exhibition to put down a carton and sign
to collect your donations.

See you next week!  Thanks!
Laurie