[etni] Fwd: Teaching "The Monkey's Paw" in 8th grade.

  • From: ETNI list <etni.list@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Etni <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 15:54:14 +0200

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: sara g <saragabai@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Teaching "The Monkey's Paw" in 8th grade.

My 8th grade (mofet, more or less an average 9th grade aleph level)
read "The Monkey's Paw" from ECB "A Collection of Stories. (old, from
1988. But we kept a lot of them in the library, and pass them out in
the jr high when needed. lots of good stories there.)

I am attaching the final assignment they got them today.
http://www.etni.org/teachers/sara_gabai/Monkey_Paw_Assignment.doc

It is partially adapted from the discussion questions at the end of
the story, and some I added for kids with different learning styles.

i am sure David will put it up on ETNI. some of them sounded very
excited about the last option (acting out a scene). so we will see
what happens with that next week!

     Hope someone can use this,
            sara g

--