[etni] Fw: suggestions black lines

  • From: "Ask Etni" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 18:56:34 +0200

From: Linda kuras Mizrahi  lindaskm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: ask@xxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, October 27, 2003 5:23 PM
Subject: suggestions black lines

as so many asked me for the page of suggestions, i thought it easiest (for
me!) to send it to the list!
=====================

When it decides to make that annoying thick line, I press the "undo" button,
and it gets it back to normal.. if anyone knows how to prevent it from
happening in the first place, I would be glad to know, as well.
Adele

There's probably a better way to do it, but I just hit "backspace" and then
"enter"again and they disappear.
Bari

One "space" on the space bar, and then "return."
Batya

There is a special feature in Word - if you make over 3 underlines ___ and
then press enter you get an awful dark black line which is almost impossible
to get rid of. I am not sure how to disable this function but what works
very well is to make the line as long as you want it but be careful to add 2
or 3 spaces before you press the enter. This way the line does not change
Fay

I have no idea why it happens but what you have to do is very simple. The
moment it happens you just press the back space button and the line will
return back to normal. (you cannot do it if you continue typing).
If you want to type several lines you don't need to press enter at the end
of each line. Just continue pressing the line until you have the desired
number of rows. When you press enter all the rows will turn into one thick
line but pressing the back space button will make all the lines reappear.
 (The back space button is above the enter button - on the right side of the
row with the numbers.
 Miry

1)do not press enter , just go on and it will wrap automatically.
2)if you still want to use enter - just stop one point before the end
3)you can use a table with one column and have only the inside lines show