[etni] Fw: re: praying for an answer

  • From: "Ask Etni" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Etni" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2008 08:20:30 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: Alissa Borsekofsky - alissa2000@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: praying for an answer

Not only do we not get paid extra for praying with the class but we also
don't get compensated for being with the class for Aruchat Esser or
lunch....we end up volunteering an extra 65 minutes each day!

Alissa

Judy wrote:
>I was enjoying a thought provoking article in  the  JPost by Calev Ben
>David
about the Tali educational system, when I came across the following
statement
"... to force the Education Ministry to fund instructional hours for prayer
in Tali schools to the same extent that it funds them in the State religious
schools."
Now I am an English teacher, and I teach in a religious school. Whenever I
teach in the first period, I am expected to arrive 40 minutes earlier to
pray with the pupils. I have never received any renumeration for these extra
hours. It's just taken for granted.
The article seemed to imply that these hours are paid for. Is anyone out
there in the same position as I, and ever been paid? Has anyone got any idea
of our rights in the matter? In fact has anyone ever thought about it?