[etni] Fw: re: misc. thoughts

  • From: "Ask_Etni" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ETNI" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 20:49:19 +0200

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bari Nirenberg" <bnirenberg@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: re: misc. thoughts

I suspect I go through at least one or two ink cartridges a year
printing stuff out for my students on my own printer.  Although most
of them do have Internet access (see my previous post) a lot of them
have trouble printing (they're out of ink, the printer doesn't work,
etc.), so I just have them either email me their stuff or bring it to
me on a disk (disk-on-key) and I print it out for them at home.
Somehow, they usually manage to print out their sources at home, but
if they don't, I'll do that for them, as well.

Bari

Kathi Pearlmutter wrote:
Hi Bari - you are assuming that students have computers, internet access,
and printers at home.  Unfortunately we can not all assume this - and I
cannot assign any computer work at home, requiring me to spend much more
class time on a project. Plus time printing them out on the office printer
so that the can have them for their oral bagrut.  kathi
"Since we don't normally have computer access while they're working in
class, I have them find the material at home, print it out and bring
it to class to work on. "

** Etni homepage - http://www.etni.org or - http://www.etni.org.il **